Saturday, March 10, 2012

A Bit of a Misunderstanding



Hello everyone!  What a gorgeous Saturday it is (here in KC anyway); it almost feels like summer its sooo good!  I haven't been outside a ton today, but I did go outside right after lunch to play with ginger.  I took a little bit of a nap, which felt sooo good!  There isn't much to do here at home, and now that my mom and Hannah are here its even more cramped.  lol  I love that we're all here together though this weekend and the next week.  I am anxious to get Tuesday over with, and I know everyone else here is too.

While on pinterest today I stumbled upon a few good writing prompts/lists to write about.  So I'm going to try and use these every once and a while to write about who I am and what I am all about.  I think it will be nice for me to do this and get things down on "paper".  I have lots of hopes and aspirations for this blog, but it seems like lately everything else in life has been so consuming.  Just gotta keep pushing through!


So today's question is: What do you think people misunderstand most about you?


  Okay, I am a designer, an Interior Designer.  Many people I feel give that a bad connotation, or a less than worthy/not so smart profession.  It is something that I have so much passion for, and also with that passion I have some fight in me to maintain the true meaning and importance of Interior Design.  We are NOT decorators.  Decorators arrange things and decorate, Designers DESIGN.  We are licensed in our profession, and are legally responsible for our work (I am working towards getting my license!).  Interior Designers have to know codes and legal aspects of the built environment.  We work closely with Contractors, Architects, Construction Workers, Manufacturers, etc.  We are not all on HGTV, we don't all WANT to be on HGTV.  lol  So please don't ask me if I want to have some show on HGTV.  Actually most of the people who have shows are NOT real designers.  They are in the entertainment industry first, then have a "flair" for design.  I hate that America is now skewed from what they think of when it comes to Interior Design.  I think maybe that is another reason why I am so adamant about being more commercial than residential; I want to do things that matter to a lot of people.  I wish I was amazing at something in nursing or science to help people, but I'm not.  But I have that desire to help people, and with my passion in design I hope to do so.  



Now that I have that rant out of the way.  lol  I really didn't mean for it to be hateful or anything; I'm just very passionate about what I do and people need to know that its not easy or not a lot of work.  Going to try and enjoy the rest of my Saturday outside, try...  I think we're all going to go for a walk this afternoon.  So until next time folks.


Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment