Friday, March 9, 2012

The story of how it all began....



What a week!  So glad that it is Friday, and I can relax over the weekend.  (hopefully)  Things have been stressful, and I haven't been getting a ton of sleep lately.  I will be glad once this next week is over with too.  I am being positive and I know everything will be okay.  Just can't wait to not have to have that worrying in the back of my head.




I feel like Monday's post was written just yesterday.  So I guess that its good that the week seemed to kind of fly by.  I wanted to write more, but I just can't seem to be inspired to write anything this week.  The lack of sleep is catching up to me, and I really hope this weekend/week I have off will allow me to catch up a little.




Okay, so next Sunday is our first year anniversary.  It's crazy to think that its actually been a year.  What's even more crazy is how we met, and that we have so many quirky little things in common.  So my side of the story anyway starts out like this...  I saw an ad on tv that eHarmony was doing a free membership for the month of February (because of Valentine's Day and all), so I said what the heck I'll just see what it's all about.  I had been on Match.com before but didn't really get into it.  After a few days (either I contacted him or he contacted me, can't quite remember that) Grant and I were exchanging messages through their system, and it was getting close to the end of the month so I gave him my email address so we could continue getting to know each other.  We emailed back and forth for a few weeks, and I found out that he grew up in Nevada, MO which is where my parents are in the process of moving to (not to mention my dad grew up there, my grandmother grew up there and so on).  At that moment, I knew something was right.  As the weeks went on we talked more and found out even more things that we had in common.  Since I was still in Columbia finishing school, and he was in Kansas City but also traveling a ton for work we tried to figure out when we could finally meet each other.  We decided to try and plan on my spring break week, which was still another 2 and a half weeks away at that point.  That semester I had taken an art history course in which we took a 'field trip' to the Nelson-Atkins Museum in Kansas City.  So I drove home Wednesday, March 8th and let him know I was in town.  Luckily he didn't leave for his next work trip till the next morning.  So I drove over to his apartment, and we went out for dinner, then went back to his apartment to watch a movie.  It wasn't anything special necessarily in the activities that we did that night, but I just had that gut feeling that this guy was special and I wanted to keep seeing him.  I left with such a grin on my face all the way back home.  The next day I was just gushing at the museum with joy; I hadn't felt this way in a VERY LONG time!  I couldn't wait to see him again.  We continued to talk every night online, and that weekend I spent with my sister in Rolla for St. Pat's festivities.  I couldn't even keep myself from practically texting him  all night both nights I was there.  The next weekend I was able to go to Kansas City again, and that's when he asked me to be his girlfriend.  And the rest is history!  lol  I don't know if you all enjoyed any of that, but it just makes me smile every time I tell the story.  :)



Well, I'm getting a bit tired, so I think I'm going to hit the hay.  Night night everyone!  Have a great weekend!

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment