Sunday, March 18, 2012

One Year Down... Many More To Go!

this lovely photo credits to Twiggs Photography on Etsy

First off I just want to say how wonderful the weather has been this past week!  Just gorgeous for March (especially here in the mid-west)!   Today is Grant and I's anniversary.  It is so wild to think that it has really been a year already.  Although we may not have spent a lot of time together in the beginning, between him traveling for work and me being in Columbia still finishing up my degree.  Since moving back to Kansas City we are able to see each other on a regular basis, which has been so great.  I know that their were challenges along the way, and there will be many more but I know that we will get through them together.  I love him very much!

We decided to celebrate last night, and went out to dinner and then watched a movie when we got home.  After this long stressful week it was great to spend this weekend with the one who keeps me going, and the one that makes me so very happy.  Today we finally cleaned Grant's house.  We had planned on doing it many times before, but something else came up or we weren't very motivated to get it done yet.  I can say that now his place looks even better!  Tonight I am going to make dinner for us, and we'll probably curl up on the sofa and watch something on tv.  Just a nice simple weekend; just the two of us.  It has been nice!
I may have used this quote before, but it is one of my favorites of all time and something that I firmly believe in.

Saturday we went to the Kansas City's St. Patrick's Day Parade.  It was nice to go, since neither of us had been before, but I can't say that I would die if I didn't go again.  Maybe it was just because we were at the end of the parade route, but it wasn't all that I thought it was cracked up to being.  Saturday my dad was released from the hospital as well!  Which is GREAT!  He did so well in his recovery that he was released fairly early compared to others having the same surgery.  Today my mom, my sister, and him are making their way back down to Nevada.  Hopefully his recovery in these next few months will be just as great as well!  


Well it's about time to get dinner started, so until next time...


Best,
Megan


No comments:

Post a Comment