Monday, March 5, 2012

Spring, Here I Come!

Ugh...  so remember when I had all these ambitions of refinishing my vanity and other little things for my room.  Well I haven't gotten very far on any of those projects.  I really really hope that I can be more motivated to get things done when I get home from work now.  Since I will be off all next week from work, even though I know I will be spending a lot of time at the hospital, I want to try and get that vanity FINISHED!!!

So as many of you who know me, know that I love making lists.  I just love anything to do with planning in general.  I'm going to try and make some sort of list that will inspire me or create a more positive attitude in me for the rest of the week.  I think it will be a great way to kick off my Mondays!  So this Monday I wanted to make a list of things that I would love to do this Spring/Summer.


  1.  Go to a Royals Game!




It has been soooo long since I've been to a game.  Honestly I think the last time I went to a Royals game was when Janelle was turning 21.  That's CRAZY!!!  I love going to Royals games, but living in Columbia, and working/going to school over the summers didn't leave time to come home for any games.  I HAVE to go to at least one game this year!  And maybe when my bestest friend comes to town we can indulge together!  :-D


  2.  Go to the Zoo




Just like number one, I have not been to here in a loooong time!  I'm pretty sure it's been much longer for this one though.  It's just a fun thing to do here in KC when the weather is nice.


  3.  Go to more Concerts!




Since going to my first real concert not too long ago, I have got the bug!  lol  I want to definitely take advantage of the Power & Light District's free concert series this summer since I am back here in the city!  I would love to go to a few other concerts coming to The Granada, and I would really love to go to the Buzz's Beach Ball.


  4.  Go camping!




I absolutely love to camp!  Now, I'm not one to sleep right on the ground or catch my own food and go all out.  I like my blow-up air mattress to sleep on, and bring canned food to cook.  I even really need to have a restroom facility and definitely showers if I'm there for more than a few days.  I like my creature comforts, but I love being out in the woods for a little while.  I really hope Grant and I get a chance to go camping sometime when the weather gets nice.


  5.  Take a Road Trip somewhere!




It's been since right after my senior year of high school since I've taken a road trip, and I don't know if that even really counts all that much since we just drove from KC to St. Louis.  But it was fun!!  Maybe not this spring/summer, but some summer I want to just take off west with Grant and explore.  I know we both love a lot of the national parks out west, and would like to go back one of these days (together this time).




  6.  DIY More!




I absolutely love anything Do-It-Yourself.  Well, I take that back...  There are A LOT of BAAAD Diyers, but there are a lot of  projects like this one above that I would like to try for myself and even for gifts to others.

Well I am going to try and get to bed, so I'm not so tired at work tomorrow.  It's probably going to be a long week, but at least I have next week off!  Have a nice night everyone!

Best,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. There is a T-Shirt Tuesday Royals game while I'm in town, so we should definitely go! I also haven't been to the zoo in a bajillion years, so that would be fun too! :)

    ReplyDelete