Thursday, March 15, 2012

Makin' Our Way Through the Week


I can't believe this week is almost over.  We went to the hospital again today to see my dad and he got moved back to the Cardiology rooms instead of being in Intensive Care.  He is still really tired, and even things like taking a shower really takes a lot out of him, but we're all so proud of all the progress he's made so far.  Last night was a bit of a scare, when he called and said he had a fever.  Luckily it was nothing serious and he got back to sleep just fine.  I only wish I could go to the hospital more for him, because I know that it can be so lonely.  Sure my times in the hospital haven't been anything like his, but I know that being alone for any amount of time in that situation is rough.  My mom always leaves early in the morning to go see him, but I have to wait for my sister to get up and get ready every day.  If it were up to me I would be going right with my mom early in the morning.  O well, I think tomorrow we will be able to be there earlier.  

This weekend Grant and I are planning on going to the KC St. Patrick's Day Parade.  Neither of us have ever been, so it should be really fun!  Sunday is our anniversary so hopefully we'll get to do something nice together.  We shall see!  I am just glad I will get to spend some time with Grant.  He keeps me grounded and puts me at ease.  Maybe we'll even go and visit my dad together this weekend.  



Well, I better get some sleep cause I'm sure tomorrow will be an early morning and then most of the day will be spent at the hospital.  Thanks for reading (hope its not too boring, I'm not great at this...), and hope you all have a great Friday!

Best,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad your dad is doing better. I'm sure he appreciates you coming and visiting him no matter how much time you have. Have fun at the St. Pats Parade and happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete