Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday in Nevada


So glad it is the weekend!  But I can't hardly believe that Saturday is almost over.  I am down in Nevada right now.  We went to dinner with Grant's parents and it was so great to have our parents meet each other.  We decided on going to the Country Club restaurant here in town, which I had never been to, and it was really good!  It was a really great night!  


Today once Grant dropped me off at my parents place around 10am, my mom took me to get my hair cut.  I mentioned in my last post that I had been really eager to get it cut, so my mom offered to take me.  We got there and had to wait a little while for the stylist since there were a few ladies ahead of me, but we were out of there by lunch time.  Since I wanted so much taken off, she measured to see if I would be able to donate it.  So she put it in a pony tail, and chopped it off.  Low and behold when I got home and measured it, it was about 15 inches in length!  lol  I knew my hair was long, but I didn't think I had THAT much.  I really love my new length though.  I couldn't stop touching it today.  Here's a picture my mom took once I got home...




Tomorrow evening I'll go back to Kansas City and get ready for the work week.  This next week I will work straight through 9-5 Monday through Friday.  The week after I have completely off.  It's my little sister's spring break and her and my mom will be in Kansas City.  The real reason why I am taking that week off though is something that I've known for a little while now and has been wearing on me since I found out.  My dad is having open heart surgery that week, and so I will be going with my family to be in the hospital for him.  Its been stressful and something that is always on my mind now.  I know that things will be okay, but I can't help but worry.  I'm sure if you have been in a similar situation you know how I feel.  Keep us in your thoughts!  




Well, it's about time for SNL so I'm going get situated on the couch and probably get to bed pretty soon.  Hope you guys have a good end to your weekend.  

Best, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment