Friday, February 10, 2012

It's FRIDAY people! ...and some things I have been obsessed with lately


YAY!  It's Friday!  :)  So so so glad the weekend is upon us (in about 2 hours to be exact, because lets face it when 5pm rolls around Friday afternoon that is the start of the weekend).  So tonight Grant and I are going out to dinner and are going to walk around Town Center, since I've been wanting to for a while.  Even though I have no money to buy anything I enjoy walking around and looking at things.  You never know when or where inspiration will hit you for a project.  Definitely going to hit up Crate & Barrel (because I'm in love with that store and we don't have an Ikea or West Elm here  :(  o well probably for the best!)  I wish it wasn't going to be sooo cold this afternoon/night though.  Hopefully it won't be that bad walking around all the shops...




I hope that these images like the one above don't get too repetitive to you guys.  I really just find them so beautiful and inspirational.  I love print and the graphic arts!  So I try and find them everyday to brighten my day, and hope that they (along with my posts) brighten your day a little!  :)

So now to get on with some things that I have been obsessed with lately!  Really a random list of things that have been things that I do or like lately.  Most of this is directly from Pinterest which is a whole big obsession in itself.  :-P

    1.  Eating Healthier.
I absolutely love this yogurt!  It is sooo good and so good for you!  Seriously if you haven't tried it, go out and buy it.  I have also been eating fresh veggies and fruit almost every single day.  Some days instead of having the typical sandwich I just make a cup of veggies, and bring a yogurt.  I feel so much better eating healthy.  Now I just gotta get some more exercise in my routine.

     2.  Scarves.



I absolutely LOVE scarves.  I am a pretty simple person when it comes to fashion.  I like things that are clean and simple, but then I add a cute colorful scarf to spice up the look.  Seriously I cannot have enough of them!

    3.  Rings.



So I've never been one to wear a ton of jewelry, but I really like wearing stud earrings and a ring most days.  I went through a phase where I hated wearing rings, and now I'm loving wearing this sterling silver one I got from Target.  I wear it pretty much every day now.

    4.  Collecting Recipes.  


With Pinterest, this has become so easy for me.  The hard thing is finding time to try most of them!  I have got some really good ideas for my own recipes as well just looking through these food blogs that I happen to come across.  It's great!

    5.  Chevrons... on anything!


So this obsession really isn't THAT new, but it's safe to say that I am still very much obsessed with chevrons (like most people right now it seems).  The image above is from a pin I saw and its a DIY link to how to make this.  basically you just need a canvas, tape, and paints.  I love it!

    6.  Wearing Skirts and Dresses. (and just being more girly in general)


I think I've mentioned this before on a previous blog, but for some reason I'm really into wearing dresses and skirts again.  It's fun being a girl!  :)

    7.  Trying new hair styles


So I admit it; I'm not great at doing my hair but I try!  I have yet to try this one above, but I really love figuring out how to wear my hair differently.  I have so much of it I might as well try and do some cute different looks with it every once and a while!



Hope you have an AMAZING weekend!  I will be sure to post anything that sparks my interest. :-D



Design trends online change more often than the wind, and slightly less often than my socks.  - Suleiman Leadbitter

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment