Sunday, February 5, 2012

The Weekend



So the weekend is coming to a close and I am currently watching the super bowl.  We didn't end up turning it on until about the start of the 2nd quarter.  I made tortellini with creamy pesto tonight, along with some chicken.  It was pretty good.  Grant is in the kitchen making some banana bread (per my request, and the current state of his bananas  lol).  While I'm just sitting here 'watching' the game I thought I would write my update for the weekend.

Friday night Grant and I went to Lucky Brewgrille in Mission.  This is the second time I've been there, and it was really good this time as well.  Last time we went they had a live band, so the atmosphere was totally different this time.  After dinner we went to the movies and saw The Grey.  It was a pretty good movie, although I wasn't really happy with the ending.  I won't spoil it for you though, but I would suggest you to go and see it!




Saturday a friend of mine told me that Restoration Emporium was having its Grand Opening, so we made our way down to the West Bottoms to do some antiquing.  Although Grant was probably less than thrilled about this trip I think he had a good time, and he got a cupcake out of the deal.  lol  There was some cool stuff at the stores we went to, but I didn't feel the need to buy anything.  I really just enjoy walking around and looking at all the old things that may or may not remind me of things from my childhood.  It's nice that there are so many antique stores all right there in one area.  Once we made the rounds at all of the shops in the West Bottoms, we made a stop at River Market Antiques.  The only place now that I haven't been to in that area is Good Juju, so I'll have to hit that up on a First Friday when that starts up in the spring.

Today I went to Target to see the new Jason Wu collection.  Let's just say I was less than impressed.  I tried on a couple shirts and a few dresses, but none of them were like 'wow I have to get this'.  The pinks are just not good with my skin tone, and the blue and red dress I liked in the add just did not look good on me.  I feel like a lot of his stuff was designed for women who are stick thin (which that's what he's used to doing for runway shows anyway).  O well.  While I was at Target I was able to get Grant's Valentine's gift.  I still need to get stuff to make cupcakes or cookies, I haven't decided which yet.  I hope he likes it.  I know its not much, but we decided we didn't wanna make it a big deal.  Not sure what we will do for dinner yet, but we've got a little over a week still.




Well I'm going to enjoy the rest of my Sunday night, and I hope you all do the same!  Here's to a Happy Monday!  :)

Design is the conscious effort to impose a meaningful order.  - Victor Papanek

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment