Sunday, February 26, 2012

Its been a little while...



Sooo this week has been pretty full of events and what not.  I updated you last Tuesday about the concert I had went to.  Well on Wednesday I had a meeting with a client at work (along with my boss and a few other designers).  I am so glad I am actually on a project right now.  It gives me something to actually look forward to when I go in to work.  After work on Wednesday I went to my first WID-KC meeting.  Women In Design - Kansas City is a great organization that I've just begun to be involved with and I hope to meet many more people through this organization. Wednesday was the "Speed Networking" meeting, so I got to talk to very many women in just a short amount of time.  I really wish I could of had more time to talk to some of them.  This next Friday is the next meeting, and we will be at the Monster Drawing Rally which is part of the First Fridays series here in the Crossroads District of KC. Since its a more public event, I'm going to bring Grant along and it should be a real fun night!




Thursday I was at HNTB shadowing a designer for the Mentoring week IIDA hosts every year.  It was really great to be in their office and see the kinds of projects they do.  Their firm is exactly like the firm I have envisioned myself being at eventually; not to mention a great location in downtown KC.  Friday I went to the dentist for my routine check up.  So that day was pretty laid back, and I didn't really have to worry about getting anything done.  Grant and I went out to dinner that night, and also did some window shopping.  Saturday was a lazy day, we spent most of the day playing video games and watching movies/tv shows.  I'm loving having those kinds of days, but on Sunday I definitely didn't want to just waste away at home again.  We got up and went to the Nelson around lunch time.  Grant had only been there one time before, so me being a very well seasoned veteran of the museum was nice.  lol  They had changed up some of the exhibits since my last visit, but I definitely remembered where a lot of things were.  It was so nice today that we even walked around the sculpture park outside.  I just felt like laying out in the grass and soaking up the sun, but I didn't.  We went back home and played some more video games, then decided on what we wanted for dinner and got some groceries.  Tonight I made mashed potatoes, steamed broccoli, french loaf toast, and we got a rotisserie chicken.  It was pretty good, and Grant even did the dishes for me after dinner.  :)

This week I don't really have much going on other than work, so I hope to do some more posts!  Next weekend Grant and I will be in Nevada, because our parents are going to be meeting each other for the first time.  yikes!  lol  I think it will go really great!  We are both excited about it.  :)

Well, we're going to finish watching the Celebrity Apprentice tonight.... so until next time



Best,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a better week, yay! :)

    PS- we should have a girl date to the Nelson when I'm in town in June!

    ReplyDelete