Wednesday, February 15, 2012

We had a pretty good Valentine's Day!




























So my Valentine's Day started out early.  I signed up to go to this free seminar at Mid-West CAD for Revit
Architecture.  It is a program that I used a TON in school, and really LOVE using!  Many firms are making the switch to Revit, so it's important for me to have the skills that I have with this program.  At Mid-West CAD they offer a certification exam, which is what I'm striving towards.  Their next exam session isn't until April, so I may do some classes to "study up" for the exam.  Just one more positive thing for my resume!  :)





That started at 8am and went till about 4pm (which we got out early actually which was nice!  it was kind of a long day of info).  We got to see a live demonstration of the program, which she covered a lot of the basic components of the program.  The rest of the day was primarily videos shown from AU (otherwise known as Autodesk University).  This is a great website for video tutorials and help from any of the Autodesk programs.  I am really excited to go to classes and learn even more through this company.  Everyone there was so great and helpful!  Getting my certification in Revit would be awesome!  (and they also offer AutoCAD certification that I am probably going to get as well!  :D)




After the seminar was over, I drove over to Grant's place to get things ready for dinner.  I had to run by the grocery store to get a few more things to make the lasagna.  The lasagna I made last night was AMAZING! lol  not to brag, but it was really good!  I really wanted to take pictures of each step, but I kinda forgot about it and all I had was my cell phone to take pictures with (not the best camera on that thing  lol) so bare with the quality of the photos.



These are the cupcakes I made Monday night.  They're just chocolate cake, with pink vanilla icing.  Some of them have red sugar sprinkles on them.  They were pretty delicious!  :)




Basically I just followed the directions on the back of the lasagna noodles, and added my own twist on it.  The picture above has the ground italian chicken layer.  The recipe called for italian sausage, but I used the ground turkey with onions and spinach.  So good!




This is the cheese layer.  Right before you but on the cheese and meat layer you put on the noodles.  It has 2 eggs well blended, shredded mozzarella, and some ricotta cheese, just like the directions.  Unlike the directions, I also added cottage cheese, and some creamy pesto mix (the dry sauce mix you can by at the grocery store).  I think this added a lot to the flavor.



This is the last layer (besides the shredded cheese on top).


In the oven it goes, for 60-70 minutes.  This time I got the oven ready noodles, which made it SUPER EASY.  Just put it all together and throw it in the oven!  yay!


Oh, and I made some chocolate covered strawberries too.  yum!  Getting everything all set up for dinner...





















So these pictures came out pretty terrible, but it was really cute when I got it all put together.  I made a little "coupon book" for Grant.  There's all kinds of things like "one night of a home cooked meal", or a "weekend full of me doing a chore of your choice", etc.  I don't think he was expecting me to make anything, but I think he liked it.  :)  I can't help but be crafty sometimes.




Everything is ready, and in about 5 minutes after taking this photo Grant got home from work.  Perfect timing!  Last night was so great!  We just stayed in, and enjoyed each others company.  I had been wanting to watch Water for Elephants for a while now, so Grant agreed to watching it with me last night.




Today on the other hand wasn't the best.  I don't wanna vent on here really, but this job is killing me and my spirit.  Must get a new job soon...  Well, I'm going to get some laundry done tonight, so until next time.

Creativity is to think more efficiently. - Pierre Reverdy

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment