Sunday, January 8, 2012

Did I mention that I hate packing...

So this whole weekend I am trying to dedicate to packing up stuff and going through things to see what I will be getting rid of.  To be clear, packing isn't SO awful, but when I have less than two weeks to do so, then it's kind of miserable for me.  I would have loved to have more time to get things organized for the move, but there just wasn't any time until now.  Oh well, it will get done!

Moving is something that I have done a lot in the past 5 years.  Moving from Kansas City, to the dorms at MU.  Then moving from the dorms to my first apartment in Columbia.  Next to a duplex, and then to the house that I am getting ready to move out of.  I have always known that Kansas City would be where I wanted to plant my roots.  I love that city!

Great Mid-century style, which is completely
my style.  



Now I wanted to share with you this great little end table that just came out on west elm's website.  I am pretty much obsessed with anything West Elm, but this beauty has really caught my eye.  Too bad its $250.00.  O well, a girl can dream right?  And I'm sure I'll find something on the cheap at an antique shop or something.  I definitely want to find something with a great stain on it like this one.  I love mixing painted pieces with natural wood pieces.






I really just love
how simple this lamp is.






This is one of the lamps that I found at Target on clearance.  I love the shape, but the black color is just not right for my room any more.  And I need a different shade for it (covering with a new fabric will probably be the way to go with this one since I don't really want to spend a lot).  First I need to figure out what color I'm going to paint the base.  I have been playing around with the idea of having some navy blue accents.  Hmm...  will have to thing on this one a little more.  I also have another lamp that is the same height but has a different shape.  I got it at an antique shop and painted it a silver color.  One or the other will probably end up in my living room.








from JMBarclay's etsy shop
Since my dad is going to be selling the house within a year or so, the walls will remain white I'm sure, which is kind of a bummer but I think that with a few mirrors and prints up on the walls it will brighten it up enough.  It will be a little strange living in my old bedroom again.  I can hardly imagine how my sister and I lived in that room together for 10 years.  These are some of the ideas I've been collecting for a while now...






found on happydeliveries etsy shop



from YellowHeartArt's etsy shop
from ParadaCreations etsy shop
found in rollandtublepress etsy shop
from hayesdesigns etsy shop
























































Well, I supposed I better get back to packing and whatnot.  I will leave you with this...

Create your own visual style... let it be unique for yourself and yet identifiable for others.  - Orson Welles


Best, 
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment