Monday, January 9, 2012

Oh, Monday

So today has had its ups and downs.  I actually woke up about 10 till the time I was supposed to be at work today (forgot to set my alarm last night).  And then once I did get ready at the speed of light, I couldn't find my keys.  None the less I managed to get to work only a mere 30 minutes late.  Yes!  And no one noticed since this week is my last week.

So at work I have been working on the new Patient Care Tower with the MU Hospital Designers.  This project is very near and dear to me, since I have put in a TON of hours towards this and I have become more and more interested in becoming a health care designer.  I really feel like that's where I want to be.  Becoming a designer for health care facilities and hospitals is something that I could see myself doing for many years.  I really just want to use my passion and expertise in design to help people.  I wish that I could be like my grandmother and become a nurse, but I just don't have the desire to be in that field.  In this way I can create healing spaces for people, and hopefully make their trying times a little more pleasant and comfortable.  I'm kind of upset I won't be able to work on this project more as it progresses.  I will definitely come back for the grand opening though!

When I got home from work I packed up some more of my stuff for the move.  Its only a few days away now!  :)  I haven't started packing anything really in my office yet, so I think I will start that tomorrow.

This post is kind of lame, but I'm kind of tired and its been a long day.  I hope to have some awesome posts here soon for you to enjoy.  Until then,


Always design a thing by considering it in its next larger context - a chair in a room, a room in a house, a house in an environment, an environment in a city plan. - Eliel Saarinen

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment