Friday, January 13, 2012

This is it! KC here I come!

So today is my official last day of work at MU Campus Facilities.  It's bittersweet.  I know I am moving on to the city I love, but I really do love working here.  I'm really going to miss working with my boss Tina; she is great and I loved getting to know her.  I know we will stay in touch.  So today I'm just finishing up a few things for her, and handing back over the project I have been working on (the new Patient Care Tower) for several months now.  We also swung by a few projects that I was in charge of to see how the installations are going.  I'm sad I won't get to see them right when they get done.  I will definitely have to come back and visit some time soon!

Yesterday I did a lot more packing, and that is the main reason why I didn't write a blog post last night.  I still have some more little things to pack up, but really the bulk of it is ready to go!  yay!  Grant will be here tonight after he gets off of work, so we're gonna go out for dinner and probably catch a movie.  I'm sure he's glad this is the last time he has to drive out to Columbia!  It's been kind of hectic to see each other while I was still in school.  It will be so nice to be in the same city and be able to see each other on a more regular basis.  Tomorrow morning my parents will be here with their trailer, so I sure hope all my stuff will fit in there, plus Grant's and my car.

Damn Fine Day print from theSIBLINGshop

Not a huge fan of this shade color,
 but that's easy enough to change
with a little glue and some new fabric.  



Okay, so today I was browsing Target's clearance online, and I saw that this great lamp is WAY on sale!  Originally $125 and you can pick it up now for only $43.75!!!  I love tripod lamps (probably because they remind me of the old architectural lamps), but I go back and forth between this style for my living room or the big "swoop" lamp as I like to call it; like this one from Crate & Barrel.  That one is obviously WAY more expensive, and since that tripod lamp is on such a great discount I may have to get it.  :D









I want to write more, but I am just busy trying to tie things up at work and once I get home I will be busy packing and hanging out with my guy, so adios for today!  I'll leave you with this...

Great design will not sell an inferior product, but it will enable a great product to achieve its maximum potential.  - Thomas J. Watson Jr.

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment