Sunday, January 22, 2012

My new internship, and this weekend

On this past Thursday I started my new internship. So far its not the greatest job in the world, but I'll keep positive about it. I just hope in three months or less I can find another job. (THAT PAYS and I don't have to make coffee for people) I guess I just need to suck it up and keep working hard and networking with as many people as possible.

Amanda Catherine Des etsy shop

The great dress I got on clearance! :)
Can't wait to wear it with some
leggings and my favorite boots.

Friday I got to try out a program that they use to spec out their cabinetry. I was able to figure it out pretty quickly so hopefully I will be doing more things on the computer than cleaning up or making coffee. Friday night Grant and I went out for dinner with his aunt and uncle who live here in town. We went to Lulu's Thai Noodle.  I had really wanted to go there, but just hadn't yet.  It was really pretty good! It was nice to see his aunt and uncle again and catch up! Saturday Grant and I spent part of the day shopping. I still need to get some more slacks since I wore jeans all the time at my last job. I was able to find a pair at Target that was a reasonable price. I also got a cute dress on clearance. I don't know what it is but I've really been into wearing dresses more lately. I am and always will be a tshirt and jeans kind of girl, but wearing a dress every once and a while just makes me smile.  Today has been a lazy day.  I've been watching chick flicks while Grant has been on the computer.  Its nice not doing anything on weekends!  I could get used to this. lol


Okay, remember the vanity project I talked about last week.  Well I finally uploaded the photos I had taken so far.  These are the 'before' photos of my vanity.  I haven't gotten a chance to finish it yet, but hopefully it will get done soon.  For now here are some pictures to show you what it looks like so far... 

After I put on the eco-paint striper
Before stripping the paint











Another before shot
It may not look too pretty now...












But once all that paint is scrapped off and sanded.  It
will be a beauty!  :)

This is the 'body' of the vanity
after I applied the first coat of
stripper and scrapped the paint.
These are the drawers after
the first coat of stripper was
applied and scrapped off.













Well, I think I'm going to continue watching some movies on Netflix, so I hope you have a good Sunday afternoon.  And here's to a good work week for us all!

Every child is an artist.  The challenge is to remain an artist after you grow up.  - Pablo Picasso

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment