Tuesday, January 10, 2012

My name is Megan, and I'm a Dreamer.

It's not a big surprise or something I've just come upon recently.  I've always known that I was a little bit more creative and a little bit more imaginative than most of my peers.  Luckily the career path I'm heading towards allows for this in me to shine.  I hope that this new internship allows me to use this (even if it is just designing cabinetry for kitchens and baths).  I am getting anxious to start this job, and am unsure as to whether I will ever really enjoy it, but its worth a shot!  I go from being completely displeased that I will be starting from the beginning again, but then there is part of me that's like "this could be a great opportunity and really round you out more as an aspiring designer".  If only it was a paid internship, then I really wouldn't be so worried.  Three months working full time with no pay is going to really stink!  At least I have a room at my dad's place, because otherwise I don't know how I could afford to have a non-paying 'job'.

So last night I got a few more bags and boxes packed.  Today when I get home from work I am going to try and jump right in at my office and get that stuff sorted and packed away (instead of hoping on my computer for an hour before I started packing last night).   This Friday is looming over me; I am glad to be moving back to the city I love, but I am very sad to be leaving my current job at Campus Facilities.  It has been such a great experience, and this sort of work is what I eventually want to be doing in Kansas City.  Not only has the work that I've done here been great, but all of the people here are just so darn nice and nice to work with!  I hope that I'm lucky enough to find a similar work atmosphere at my future job.  I really am going to miss the people that I worked with on a regular basis and all those people I held doors open for or vice versa or people who just stopped by our student cube to chat with us.  I can't believe its been over 2 years since I started here; time really just flew by.  There were some ups and downs, but I can definitely say that these last 9 months have been the greatest!  It's good to end on a really high note.

Okay, so with this blog I really want to do some DIY type posts for you guys.  I love finding those kinds of blogs myself, and I love DIY anything really so why not!  Probably the first one I will do will be some sort of spray painting project, because that's what I am thinking of doing to some of my little chotchkies, lamps, and furniture pieces.  I have a few free days before I start my new job so maybe I will be able to accomplish a few of these projects.  :)  I really hope so, because I really want to get my room in order and just chill on weekends.

This piece is sooo gorgeous, and has
a lot of storage space.  I might be
inclined to frost the glass though, so
you don't see everything out on display.
Have you heard of Pinterest?  Well if you haven't be rest assured you will soon be obsessed with it like me!  (I'll even send you an invite if you'd like  lol)  I get on Pinterest just about every night before going to bed (along with some other websites and blogs I frequent), and look at DIY, crafts, designs, and other inspirations for projects.  Today while browsing I found this AMAZING cabinet, and of course it's painted yellow.  I love that it is simple and doesn't have any crazy embellishments on it.  The distrested paint fits it too, just enough change in color to give it some interest.














Well that's all I have for today.  It's time to get to work on packing more of my stuff up.  Until we meet again,

The designer is a visually literate person, just as an editor is expected by training and inclination to be versed in language and literature, but to call the former an artist by occupation is as absurd as to refer to the latter as a poet.  - Douglas Martin

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment