Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tuesday/Wednesday, and all that ensues

So today is the last day I "have to myself".  Tomorrow is the big day; I start my internship downtown.  I am anxious to start and see what it will be like.  Wish me luck!

So today I did a whole lotta nothing.  I guess that could be said for yesterday too.  Yesterday my dad stayed home again cause he wasn't feeling great.  We went downtown that afternoon and went to the Rivermarket Antique Store.  If you've never been there, I would suggest you find time to go!  It's four whole floors of antiques!  There was a lot of cool little trinkets and pieces of furniture to look at.  We tried looking for a few other places downtown, but they all seemed to be only open on weekends or certain days of the month.  I think walking around helped both of us feel better.  Today I am still feeling sick though, which sucks since I am starting this internship tomorrow.



Okay, so as any of you know that frequent the internet, or even watch the news within the last week know about SOPA/PIPA.  This site has a great video to better explain what exactly Congress is trying to pass.  Many sites today have "blacked-out" in an act to protest the SOPA/PIPA.  Make sure to let your congressman know that you don't want these bills to pass!  They would greatly change the internet as we know it today.  I know that I would be very unhappy if I wasn't able to frequent this site or this site or even this site.  So please educate yourself on this issue and take a stand!  That's my soap box for the day.


I need to remind myself of this more often.  Lately I have been feeling a little bit in a slump, and I think it's because not everything has been going the way I'd like it to be going.  I know that things will eventually turn around and I will be able to have my own place and great job, but for now I have to just work through this.  Well I think that's all I've got for today.  Tomorrow I will try and update you guys on how my first day goes. If not tomorrow I will by the weekend.  Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your Wednesday!


The only important thing about design is how it relates to people.  - Victor Papanek

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment