Tuesday, April 17, 2012

100 Day Photo Challenge: Day 11

Day 11 - A picture of something you hate.






hmm...  I don't really hate many things so this is a tough one.  But as I was pinning things today, and looking on Houzz I was reminded of something I absolutely despise!  VINYL SIDING!!!  Suburban America is in love with this God awful crap.  It is absolutely not sustainable; it is like plastic bottles or stryofoam, it just won't go away.  It's unfortunate that something cheaply made and bad for our environment has become something so mainstream for the average American to put on their home.  There are so many other options for siding on your house.  To name a few: wood shingles, brick, stone, wood strip siding, cement fiber board, or even metal.  Please, please, please, if you have the urge to redo your siding don't buy vinyl!  I know it may seem like the best thing to do since it's cheap and the sales people talk it up to be durable, but it really is a terrible product for our environment.

I think it is time for bed now, so until next time...

Best,
Megan

No comments:

Post a Comment