Sunday, April 22, 2012

100 Day Photo Challenge: Day 16

Day 16 - A picture of someone who inspires you.




There are a lot of people who inspire me, and in many different ways.  Something that is always on my mind though is design, and there are many people in design that inspire me.  I am going to have to go with Charles & Ray Eames.  Their designs are classic, beautiful works of art that are still appreciated today.  They were so innovative at their time, and ahead of the curve with their designs; this is exactly why they are so inspiring to me.  I hope to one day own one of their chairs.  I think today I am going to finally watch that documentary about them that has been on my Netflix Queue for a while.  Its called Eames: The Architect and The Painter and it tells the story of this husband and wife team of designers.  That's another thing that is inspiring; they were married and worked so well along side each other!  Enjoy some of these beautiful pieces of furniture from them below...
The ever famous Eames Lounge with Ottoman.  In LOVE!
Eames Chaise Lounge
Eames Shell Chair on Rocker Base.  This one I really REALLY want!  this color and everything. 
Eames Bent Plywood Chair
Now that the yard work is done, I think I am going to take the rest of the day to relax and watch some movies.  I am pretty worn out from all the stuff I've been doing this weekend, plus I really don't want to get sick or be too tired by Tuesday morning.  Hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  It's time for me to watch that movie!  :)

Best,
Megan

1 comment:

  1. love all these chairs!!! especially the last one. oh goodness. i could SO see that fitting in my home design scheme!! dangerous... :) xoxo linds of www.rubygirlblog.com

    ReplyDelete